University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Master of Science in Library Science
North Carolina State University
English B.A., Japanese Minor
Summa Cum Laude
Scholarly Communications Librarian, UNCW
Jun 2021 – Present
Research & Instruction Assistant, House Undergraduate Library
Aug 2019 - May 2021
- Provide comprehensive in-person and chat reference and research consultation services to the undergraduate community.
- Teach information literacy and research skills to first-year English students.
- Develop online video library instruction series.
- Teach SkillfUL technology workshops.
- Coordinate Adulting 101 workshop series and assist with other events.
- Design flyers and social media campaigns for library events.
- Manage and contribute to the Research Challenge of the Week blog.
- Participate in collection development according to library policies.
Research Assistant, NCSU Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center
June 2020 - May 2021
- Support digital scholarship and open science projects.
- Research and publish reports and papers.
- Develop guides on digital scholarship and scholarly sharing.
- Participate in the Center’s strategic planning initiatives.
Research & Impact Intern, Innovate Carolina
May 2020 - May 2021
- Support preparation of industry reports and research guides.
- Research, identify, and monitor potential sources of funding and funding trends.
- Examine local and regional industries to identify organizations that represent potential clients or partners for Innovate Carolina.
PhotochemCAD Intern, NCSU
June 2020 - September 2020
- Design visualization platform for database spectra.
- Update aspects of the website as needed.
Kittinger, Allison and Vandegrift, Micah
A Response to the Call for Bibliodiversity: Language, Translation, and Communicated Scholarship
Hansen, Samuel, Hale, Meredith, Ihli, Monica, and Kittinger, Allison
Campaigning Your Way to Useable and Clean Data
The Collective: Knoxville, TN; Mar 2020
Library Publishing Forum 2021
ACRL 2021: Ascending into an Open Future – scholarship recipient
Research Data Management Librarian Academy
DLF Forum 2020
Southeast Data Librarian Symposium
2020 TRLN Annual Meeting
Disrupting Digital Monolingualism
Virtual Library Publishing Forum
The Collective: Roll for Initiative
Spring 2020 - Present
Secretary and Technical Coordinator, Information & Library Science Student Association
UNC Digital Accessibility Liaison
2020 Project Leader, #DLFTeach; Co-Project Leader: Kristina Lang
Fall 2019 - Present
American Library Association (ALA)
North Carolina Library Association (NCLA)
Library Association of UNC-Chapel Hill (LAUNC-CH)
Library Instruction Community of Practice
Awards and Honors
Scholarly Communication Notebook OER Development Grant; Co-Developer: Jennifer Solomon
ACRL 2021 Conference Scholarship
The Community Library
Hemingway in Idaho Research Fellow, 2020
Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellow in Korean, 2019-2020
UNC SILS Diversity Advocate Certificate
Phi Beta Kappa
English Honors Program
University Honors Program
Global Perspectives Certificate
Outstanding Achievement in Japanese Language Study
Instructor, Community Workshop Series
Jan 2020 - May 2020
- Teach digital literacy classes at local public libraries (program paused due to COVID-19).
WordPress, Omeka, LibGuides, Tumblr, social media/SEO, VSim, Padlet, Poll Everywhere, Socrative, Kahoot, Scratch, RPG Maker, Google Sites, Open Journal Systems, Pressbooks
Excel, Tableau, SQL, CSV, OpenRefine, Python
HTML, CSS, PHP, Markdown, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva
Trello, Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Google Suite, Loomio, GitHub, Mural
English (native), Japanese (business fluent), Korean (intermediate)